Some websites are so well designed that they immediately register in the visitor's mind. Do you want that? Creating such websites is tough yet exciting business and it separates a good Web Design Company from an average one. A good web development company will design your website considering your needs, your audience and above all your business. Here are SIX Mistakes that should be avoided while designing a website.
1. Over Designing - Over designing can be devastating as it creates a form of distraction to your visitors and instead of focusing on what you have to offer- your products and services, they are carried away. We are not saying good designs aren't good but do not over do it!
2. Easier to Read - You might be impressed with the use of fancy fonts and color scheme in the website but it may not impress the visitors. The fonts should be legible from a distance and there should be contrast between the background and the text, that is why it is always advisable to invite a third party to read your contents before you upload your website and take notes of any comments.
3. Standard Screen Resolution -. The current standard is 1024x768 pixels but this keeps on changing, just follow the normal trend and keep your customers.
4. Inconsistency - You need to make sure that your website is uniform in terms of color scheme, structure; fonts etc. If you are keeping to only three different colors, do so through out all your pages. This is to ensure uniformity and consistency.
5. Poor Navigation -. Navigation should be prominently highlighted and the user should know where he is and where to go easily. Do not over crowd your pages and designs.
6. Avoid Background Music- This could irritate the visitors. It also adds to the page load time of the website. Get one thing clear, most visitors look for efficiency and not fancy items in a website.