- Public Health Nursing
- Environmental Health Officer
- Environmental Health Technician
- Community Health Extension Worker (CHEW)
- Junior Community Health Extension Worker (JCHEW)
- Health Information Management
- Medical Laboratory Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
S/NO COURSE OF STUDY DURATION ENTRY QUALIFICATION CERTIFICATION 1. PUBLIC HEALTH NURSING EIGHTEEN (18) MONTHS
- WASC/GCE.NECO – Five (5) Credit Passes including one science subject at no more than 2 sittings
- Nigerian Registered Nurse Certificate (NRN)
- Nigerian Registered Midwife Certificate or Psychiatric Nursing, or Orthopedic Nursing
- At least 2 years cognate experience
- A Credit pass in English Language is compulsory; Mathematics would be an added advantage
HND IN PUBLIC HEALTH NURSING (WAHEB) 2a. ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH OFFICER FOUR (4) YEARS WASC/SSCE/NECO – Five (5) Credit passes in not more than two (2) sittings including Chemistry, Biology or Health Science, Physics, English Language and Mathematics ND, HND IN ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH TECHNLOGY (WAHEB) 2b. ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN THREE (3) YEARS WASC/SSCE/GCE /NECO/TCII
Three (3) Credit passes in any of the aforementioned certificate. Note that the three (3) credit passes must include the following subjects:
English, Biology or Health Science, and any other (Geography, Physics, Chemistry and Agricultural Science.) A Pass in Mathematics is compulsory
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIANS’ DIPLOMA (WAHEB) 3a. COMMUNITY HEALTH EXTENSION WORKER (CHEW) THREE (3) YEARS
- Five (5) Credit level passes at WASC/ SSCE/ NECO/ GCE O’ Level at not more than two (2) sittings. These must include:
- Biology/ Health Science
- One subject chosen from Chemistry, Food and Nutrition, Physics and Geography.
- Two subject chosen from any of these – Economics, Accounts, Commerce, Agricultural Science and Social Sciences.
- Credit pass in English Language and Mathematics is compulsory
- For advancement of confirmed academically qualified Junior Community Health Extension Worker (JCHEW) who has been on the grade for a minimum of 2 years.
NATIONAL DIPLOMA IN COMMUNITY HEALTH (NATIONAL COMM. HEALTH PRACTICE BOARD) 3b. JUNIOR COMMUNITY HEALTH EXTENSION WORKER (JCHEW) TWO (2) YEARS A candidate must possess five (5) passes in English, Mathematics, Biology or Health Science, Chemistry or Physics, Geography or Economics and any other two (2) subjects in WASC/ GCE or NECO at not more than two (2) sittings. CERTIFICATE IN JUNIOR COMMUNITY HEALTH (NCHPBC) 4. HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT TWO (2) YEARS SSCE/ GCE/ NECO – Five (5) Credits including English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry or Physics and any other subject in not more than two (2) sittings NATIONAL DIPLOMA IN HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT (HRORBN) 5a. MEDICAL LABORATORY ASSISTANT TWO (2) YEARS SSCE/ GCE/ NECO – Three (3) Credit passes in the following subjects: English Language, Biology, and any other subject. A Pass in Mathematics and Chemistry is compulsory (Results more than five years as at the date of this registration is rejected by the Registration Board) MEDICAL LAB CERTIFICATE 6. PHARMACY TECHNICIAN THREE (3) YEARS SSCE/ NECO – Four (4) Credit passes. In the following subjects: Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and English Language (at not more than three (3) sittings), holders of the Pharmacy Assistants Certificate shall undergo at least (2) years post –graduation work experience before applying for the Pharmacy Technicians Conversion Programme. PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
METHOD OF APPLICATION
a. Interested and qualified candidates should collect and fill the application forms after payment of a non-refundable entrance examination application fee of Four Thousand Naira (N4,000.00) at any First Bank Branch. Account No. 2001542971.
b. Sales of forms will commence from March 11th to May 31st 2013
c. Entrance Examination:
Venue: College of Health Technology, Calabar.Date: Saturday June 1st 2013Time: 8am. PromptRelease of results: 7th June 2013 which can be accessed at the College Compound, Local Government Area Headquarters.d. Past question papers are on sale in the College Registration Room.
e. N/B: Fees will be paid by all students on admission. The course(s) is/are self-sponsored.
Read more @ http://www.chtcalabar.edu.ng
College of Health Technology 2013/2014 Admission.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the College of Health Technology, Calabar for the following Programmes:
Posted By Admin